Sparking passion in youth!
FamilyMeans Youth Development serves youth ages 5-18 in the Cimarron manufactured home community in Lake Elmo and the city of Landfall, both eastern suburbs in the Saint Paul/Minneapolis region.
Our free, year-round programming equips youth to learn, thrive, connect and contribute throughout their lives.
We have been committed to the Landfall community since 1993, and Cimarron since 2008. Staff build strong relationships with youth through caring, commitment, responsiveness and respect. Diverse, accessible and engaging programming enable our young people to increase knowledge, skills and connections. Our work is strengthened from collaboration with local and county government, nonprofit organizations, business, the faith community, local and higher education and awesome volunteers.
In 2018, we served 281 youth across both Cimarron and Landfall program sites.
Survey data confirms our impact on youth and families:
- 86% of children said participating in our programs helped them learn how to get along with other kids.
- 92% of children told us that they have learned things in our programs that have helped them in school.
- 95% of teens said they are comfortable talking to our program staff when they are upset.
- 93% of teens stated our Ready to Be program helped them see a connection between their strengths and interests and a future job or career.
- Parents would highly recommend our programs to others. We received a 4.94 rating on a 5-point scale.
“One of the coordinators really helped me to value school more than I did. I really appreciate her for that. I am the first one in my family to go to college and that’s a really big deal”