FamilyMeans is open to donations of in-kind items all year long. During different seasons, our staff find need for specific items to assist youth and families in our many programs. Currently, FamilyMeans is seeking donations of the following items:
- Various food items for our youth backpack program in partnership with Valley Outreach. Food items include, but are not limited to; Cereal, Quick Mac, fruit, vegetables, peanut butter, bread, juice, ramen, freezer snacks, chips.
- Movie Night Snacks such as soda or juice in bottles, pizza, chips, or movie candy.
- Under 200- and large-piece puzzle sets for older adults in our Caregiver Support program.
- Board games, bean bag tosses and a Nintendo Wii for our Day Out! activities.
- The youth programs could always use: Markers (Crayola washable thin or regular and/or Sharpie), dry erase markers, glue bottles and sticks, colored pencils, pencil top and dry erase erasers, lined paper, math paper and slime kits.
- Painting canvas, paint, brushes, sketch pads, drawing paper, construction paper (big or small), poster board/tagboard for school projects/ handmade posters (white or other colors), craft sticks.
- Packaged toiletries.
- Musical Instuments
- Outdoor equipment: playground balls, soccer balls, basketballs, volleyballs, footballs, tennis balls, rackets and air pumps.
- Giant jenga, bean bag toss, rodeo golf, or dodge ball.
- Soccer cleats, soccer socks, goalie gloves, mouth guards, shin guards.
- Computer games on DVD for Mac or PC, other math or manipulative-type toys can be stored in a bucket Headphones for computers
- "Prize" incentives – water bottles, sports bag, soccer cap, sports-related merchandise.
- Good quality winter gloves for outdoor play
- Legos (new or used), Magnetix, computer games on DVD for iMacs, other math or manipulative-type toys can be stored in a bucket
- "Prize" incentives - cute notebooks, pencils, toys, headbands, Pokemon cards and fidget toys
- New or used current game systems – we currently have an xbox 360 with a Kinect, and a first generation Wii. We could use games for the updated systems as well, particularly active games.
- Bike Program needs: Rain jackets, preferably of breathable material--larger youth sizes and any adult sizes. Youth and adult-sized mountain bikes, small frame road bikes. New or used panniers (saddle bags).
Waterproof, breathable rain jackets. Both kids’ and adult sizes. These jackets will be used in our summer Youth Bicycle Program.
Please visit this page frequently as new items are added monthly.
Curious if FamilyMeans can use a different item you wish to donate? Just ask! Contact our Fund Development Director at 651-789-4057 to see how your resources can help.