Better is Possible.
Wish List In-Kind Items
FamilyMeans accepts new and gently-used donations of in-kind items all throughout the year.
Suggestions appear below, but if you have ideas on how your specific resources can be put to good use, please contact our Development & Communications Director at 651-789-4057 or communications@FamilyMeans.org. Thank you.
CAREGIVER RESPITE GROUPS (OLDER ADULTS)
- Puzzles: Under 200- and large-pieces
- Board games
- Bean bag tosses
- Nintendo Wii
YOUTH DEVELOPMENT (AGES 5-18)
- Weekend backpacks-in partnership with Valley Outreach: food to offset weekend food instability (cereal, ramen soups, peanut butter, bread, mac-n-cheese, juice, microwavable meals, etc.)
- Movie Night Snacks: soda, juice, pizza, chips, or movie-candy
- Toiletries: toothbrushes and toothpaste, soap, deodorant, lotion, chapstick, etc.
Arts & Crafts / Music
- Markers/Pens/Pencils: Crayola washable thin or regular markers, Sharpie markers, dry erase markers or erasers, colored pencils or crayons
- Paper: lined paper, math/grid paper, construction paper, sketch pads or drawing tablets, and poster board
- Crafts: glue and glue sticks, paper, slime kits, craft sticks, or pompoms
- Painting supplies: canvases, paints, or brushes
Indoor Recreation & Music
- Computer games: DVDs for Mac or PC, XBOX 360 and 1G Wii or headphones
- Learning toys: math or manipulative-type toys that can be stored in buckets (e.g. Legos, Magnetix or building blocks)
- Musical Instruments
Outdoor Recreation & Sports
- Rain Apparel: rain jackets (preferably of waterproof and breathable), larger youth sizes and any adult sizes
- Winter gloves and hats
- Bicycles: youth and adult-sized mountain bikes, small frame road bikes, new or used panniers (saddle bags)
- Sports equipment: playground balls, soccer balls, basketballs, volleyballs, footballs, tennis balls and rackets, and air pumps, soccer cleats, soccer socks, goalie gloves, mouth or shin guards
- Games: Giant Jenga, bean bag toss, or rodeo golf
- Ideas: novelty notebooks or pencils, headbands/hair-ties, trading cards, fidgets, water bottles, sports bags, or sports-related merchandise