Better is Possible.
School-Based Mental Health Therapist
FamilyMeans is seeking a part-time (16 hours per week) school-located outpatient therapist to work in Weaver Elementary School serving K-5th graders. The therapist will be providing outpatient treatment to these children and their families within the school setting. The therapist will be working to address mental health issues that may be hindering the student’s progress at school, home or in the community. There is a wide variety of clinical presentations and concerns the therapist will be working with including, but not limited to: attention/hyperactivity issues, anxiety, depression, relationship struggles, trauma, sleep disturbance, attachment issues, bullying etc.
Primary Duties Include:
- Conduct individual, family, and group therapy to clientele
- Complete and maintain all Intake, Diagnostic Assessments, and treatment plans through EHR system
- Coordinate with school staff and other providers that may be involved with the client/family
- Provide consultation, advocacy, and educational presentations to increase understanding of mental health within the school setting
- Attend consultation, supervision and trainings as required by agency and licensing board
Required license or certification:
- Must have a Master’s Degree in a mental health field
- Must be either licensed, or working towards licensure, in MN in one of the following areas: Social Work, Professional Counseling, Marriage & Family Therapy, or Psychology.
- Highly preferred: Experience and training in trauma modalities with children
- Experience in school-based, community and outpatient settings
Benefits we offer to our clinical staff:
- Supervision towards licensure for clinicians completing licensure in: LPCC, LMFT or LICSW
- CEU training stipend and time allotment, as well as ongoing internal trainings
- Professional Development Plan supported by the agency
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness
- Reimbursement for second state license if position requires work in second state