Better is Possible.
Receptionist (Part-Time, 20-25 Hrs./ Week) - Stillwater, MN
FamilyMeans is currently seeking a part-time Receptionist. This individual will work an average 20-25 hours per week and the position requires an individual who has the flexibility to work day and evening hours. The tentative schedule for this position is as follow: mid-afternoon to 7pm on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday of each week in addition to a shift on Fridays from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.; some hours may be flexible. This position is an hourly, nonexempt position and would report directly to the Office Manager and Clinical Operations. In this role, the individual’s primary work location would be the front desk located at the agency’s Stillwater Main Office.
The purpose of this position is to provide courteous and efficient reception to all who contact FamilyMeans in addition to agency-wide administrative support. In this role, the incumbent ensures smooth and efficient operation of the front office and timely, accurate clerical services. This opportunity is highly customer service-driven and works as an agency-wide support function. The perfect candidate would be someone who is supportive, collaborative, and willing to cross-train where needed to provide backup support when needed or in the absence of peers.
- Maintain a high level of customer service to all guests, clients, vendors, interns, volunteers and all other fellow team members on a consistent basis while maintaining exemplary experiences during all interactions
- Maintain professional and friendly experiences with all both via phone and in the front desk area
- Dependably opening and/or closing clinic office
- Answering office telephone professionally and transferring calls as needed
- Greeting all visitors
- Notify staff via Procentive when appointments arrive
- Verify insurance and scan insurance card in Procentive
- Monitor expiration dates for consent to treat and financial contract for all in-person appointments
- Schedule/reschedule appointments per protocol
- Call clients on waiting list to fill cancellations
- Complete client cancellations per protocol and notify appropriate staff
- Collect co-pays and payments
- Distribute incoming mail, deliver outgoing mail, run the postage, and go to the post office.
- Complete Release of Information in a timely fashion by reviewing email requests within 24 hours and communicating with therapists.
- Scanning paperwork in a timely fashion
- Complete client closing and transfer protocols
- Maintain the lobby and reception desk area
- Conduct opening and closing procedures daily
- Provide data entry for mental health program
- Prepare and hand out client surveys, semi annually
- Monitor email correspondence
- Distribute faxes within Procentive
- Filings, help with mailings for various departments, and perform any other miscellaneous projects as assigned by Clinical Operations Supervisor
- Develop and maintain sensitivity to employee diversity in the work place. Behave in ways that demonstrate respectful treatment of other employees and clients. Develop cultural competence related to the services provided by the agency.
- Provide assistance to outside groups using Community rooms.
- High school diploma is required
- Prior administrative or clerical experience preferred; a minimum of 5 years’ experience while in a medical, human service, or nonprofit setting highly preferred
- Previous experience with Procentive, Electronic Health Records system
- Requires excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills to effectively communicate with clients, employees, interns, volunteers, program participants and other supporters
- Requires knowledge of and the ability to use a variety of standard office equipment such as a computer, printer, fax machine, copy machine, telephone system and 10-key
- Ability to type proficiently
- Knowledge of and experiencing with using all Microsoft programs (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of client information and security of case records
- Ability to work independently, exercise good judgement and manage multiple priorities to ensure work is completed in a timely and productive manner
- Ability to develop and maintain sensitivity to employee and client diversity in the workplace, and demonstrate the respectful treatment of others
- Willingness to develop cultural competence related to the services provided by the agency
To apply, please submit a copy of your resume to Shelby Auer at email@example.com.