Better is Possible.
Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner/Clinical Nurse Specialist - Independently Contracted
FamilyMeans is seeking a part-time, independently contracted Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner/Clinical Nurse Specialist to join our outpatient mental health team. FamilyMeans is a multidisciplinary Rule 29 Outpatient Mental Health Center providing individual, family, couple and group therapy. The Psychiatric Provider will maintain a caseload of clients needing medication management within our current clientele. The Psychiatric Provider will be part of our multidisciplinary team and participate in monthly consultation both in our Stillwater clinic and at our Center for Grief & Loss in St. Paul. Hours and time commitment are negotiable, however, the agency is in need of at least 18 hours per month, with possibly more if the position warrants it over time, to meet all needs. This is an excellent opportunity for providers in all phases of their career who seek a flexible position in an outpatient clinic setting.
- Provide psychiatric diagnostic assessments, ongoing medication evaluation, and prescribe medication as indicated
- Complete necessary documentation in a timely manner for caseload
- Provide consultation to clinical staff involved with psychiatric services
- Participate in monthly consultation with clinical staff
- Provide training opportunities for our mental health clinicians, as requested
- Master’s degree from an accredited school of nursing, with ANCC certification as a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner or Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Registered nurse licensed by the MN Board of Nursing
- Certified nurse practitioner by national nursing organization for adult or family psychiatric or mental health nursing
- Knowledge of regulatory standards governing care delivery and operations
- Proficient in the use of computers; experience with Electronic Health Records is preferred
- Minimum of 2 to 5 years of professional experience with executing all of the above listed responsibilities as a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner, Clinical Nurse Specialist, or when in a same/similar position.
To apply, please submit a copy of your resume and job application to Jim Kroening at firstname.lastname@example.org