Better is Possible.
Mental Health Clinical Internship
Our Counseling & Therapy Program is looking for Mental Health Clinical Interns to provide mental health assessment, treatment, and preventative services to clients while collaborating and consulting with agency/school personnel. Provide both direct, billable services and non-direct services such as consultation, training and early intervention/prevention services to school staff.
Our clinical intern responsibilities include:
- Clinical treatment for clients through individual, couples, family, and group therapy.
- Proper documentation including, but not limited to, diagnostic assessments, treatment plans, progress notes and other required paperwork for clinical charting and data collection.
- Non-Direct services for school personnel and/or parents through consultation, training opportunities and early intervention/prevention services.
Requirements for our clinical internships:
- Working towards Master’s Degree in Counseling, Marriage & Family Therapy, Social Work, or related field
Preferences for our clinical interns:
- Experience with, or further training in, working with all ages who have mental health concerns
- Experience with, or advanced training in, trauma work with children/teens
Benefits we offer to our clinical interns:
- School-based and/or outpatient clinic settings
- Supervision towards internship hours for clinicians completing licensure in: LPCC, LMFT or LICSW
- Mileage for certain tasks
- Employee Assistance Program
- Join team of 20+ experienced therapists to collaborate and learn
- Opportunity to observe clinicians in individual, couples, group, and family sessions in outpatient clinic and school-based settings
- Participate in team and staff trainings and events
Direct internship questions to:
Kari Kelcher, Clinical Intern Coordinator
1875 Northwestern Ave South
Stillwater, MN 55082
Office: (651) 439-4840
Direct: (651) 789-4020
To apply for an internship:
Please email or mail cover letter including internship program requirements, start date, and needed hours per a week along with resume to Kari Kelcher, Clinical Intern Coordinator, using contact information above.
Recruitment is ongoing.