Better is Possible.
Mental Health Intake Coordinator (32 hrs./ week)
FamilyMeans is currently hiring for a Mental Health Intake Coordinator position at our Stillwater, MN location. In this role, this individual will be working directly with outpatient clinical staff as well as with front support team members including front desk support and the School-Based Mental Health Intake Coordinator. For this role, we are looking for superb communication skills, strong attention to detail, solid insurance knowledge, and the ability to work independently and collaboratively on a team. The candidate must have two years of experience in medical scheduling, mental health preferred, and a clear understanding of various insurances and authorization processes.
This position will be supervised by the Agency’s Office Manager & Clinical Operations. The Mental Health Intake Coordinator opportunity is an hourly, nonexempt position that will work 32 hours per week. This position is also eligible for all organization-sponsored benefits. Our business hours are currently 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., so we would expect that the incumbent is available to work during these hours Monday through Friday. For specific services, we also have evening requirements and would require someone that has flexibility to assist in the evenings as needed.
- Discuss FamilyMeans mental health services with potential clients via email or phone.
- Register intakes within our online medical records system.
- Cancel and reschedule intake appointments.
- Accurately verify and document insurance coverage.
- Provide referral resources for clients as needed.
- Kiosk and/or mail appropriate paperwork to clients.
- Turnover new intake paperwork on a daily basis.
- Scanning, copying, faxing documents for clinicians.
- Distributing, scoring, and tracking data for SDQs, and CASIIs.
- Obtain prior authorizations, as required.
- Provide clinicians with necessary documentation for client’s utilizing Employee Assistant Programs (EAP).
- Assist mental health staff with daily questions/concerns regarding their intakes.
- Monitors the receipt of all emails ensuring that all emails are addressed in a timely manner.
- Ensure that clients, volunteers, interns and employees have an exemplary experience during all interactions.
- Maintain a high level of customer service to all guests, clients and fellow team members on a consistent basis.
- Cross-train with other support staff on an as needed basis per the Office Manager/Clinical Operations Supervisor.
- Provide backup support in the absence of peers on an as needed basis, per the Office Manager/Clinical Operations Supervisor (i.e. reception, school based clinic intakes, etc.)
- Collaborate effectively with peers such as the billing specialist, receptionists and intake coordinators.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma is required.
- 2+ years’ of experience in client intake with the experience ideally obtained in a human service or health care setting.
- Requires excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills to effectively communicate with clients, employees, interns, volunteers, program participants and other supporters.
- Requires knowledge of and the ability to use a variety of standard office equipment such as a computer, printer, fax machine, copy machine, telephone system and 10-key.
- Ability to type proficiently.
- Knowledge of and experiencing with using all Microsoft programs (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of client information and security of case records.
- Ability to work independently, exercise good judgement and manage multiple priorities to ensure work is completed in a timely and productive manner.
- Ability to develop and maintain sensitivity to employee and client diversity in the workplace, and demonstrate the respectful treatment of others.
- Willingness to develop cultural competence related to the services provided by the agency.
- Enjoy collaborating as a team player and willing to provide back up to other department functions as needed (i.e. front desk coverage, checking in clients, accepting payments, etc.).
To apply, please submit a copy of your resume to Shelby Auer at firstname.lastname@example.org.