Better is Possible.
Human Resource Business Partner (Full-Time)
At FamilyMeans, our work is life’s challenges! Our mission is to strengthen communities by strengthening families. We are a nonprofit, private agency, Rule 29 licensed community mental health center, and COA accredited. FamilyMeans has a wide range of programs serving individuals and families including community based youth programs, caregiver support, financial counseling, the Center for Grief & Loss and our general outpatient mental health services in the clinics and in schools. FamilyMeans values include accessibility and a culture of respect. We offer a range of payment options for our clients and no one is turned away due to lack of economic resources.
FamilyMeans is seeking a full-time (32 to 40 per week), Human Resource Business Partner. This Human Resource Business Partner is responsible for managing the overall human resource functions of the organization.
- Manages all benefit programs, coordinates open enrollment, and monitor compliance with appropriate laws and regulations
- Manages all leaves of absences, unemployment, workers’ compensation
- Recruits, interviews, coordinates background checks and facilitates hiring of qualified job applicants
- Conduct new hire orientation and complete all necessary paperwork to on-board new employees
- Maintains HR files and all information in a confidential manner
- Provides guidance and counsel to the management team on application of policies
- Promote agency culture by planning and participating in quarterly all-staff meetings
- Conduct exit interviews and prepares separation notices and related documentation
- Maintain the Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Plan for the organization
- Develops/presents training presentations to staff and supervisors
- Serve as the back-up to the Director of Finance for payroll processing, accounts payable, and accounts receivable.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business, or Related field
- PHR or SHRM-CP preferred
- 3-5 years HR experience in a range of areas: recruitment, employee relations, benefits, onboarding
- Highly proficient in MS outlook, word, excel
- Sound judgement and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently and handle multiple tasks and deadlines
- Maintain highest confidentiality of all employee records and personal information
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail orientated and an analytical mind-set
- Payroll experience and accounting skills