Better is Possible.
Financial Solutions Counselor (Full-Time)
The FamilyMeans’ Financial Solutions program is currently seeking a full-time Financial Solutions Counselor. The purpose of this position is to assist indebted and/or credit-challenged consumers in understanding budget and debt obligations as well as options for improvements, financial management, debt repayment, credit-building, and student loan repayment strategies. Counselors assess the financial situation and illustrate ability to utilize software, educational materials, techniques & strategies to motivate clients to take steps toward an improved financial future. Counselors advise clients regarding the benefits of repaying unsecured debts through the Debt Management Program and encourage participation, where appropriate. The Financial Solutions Counselor will report directly to the Financial Solutions Counselor Manager and they will office out of the agency’s satellite office located in Rochester, MN. This opportunity is an hourly, nonexempt position.
- Conduct a holistic financial review and provide a variety of options for clients seeking to improve their financial situations and educating clients on money management values and skills.
- Recommend and promote the benefits of the Debt Management Program.
- Provide Student Loan guidance for borrowers seeking repayment advice and options to utilize federal programs to improve ability to repay loans.
- Provide Credit Report Review appointments.
- Complete training and required certifications related to multiple counseling programs as required by the NFCC; earn and document continuing Professional Development Units (PDU’s).
- Provide support to our Education Program; present educational courses both in-person and virtually in surrounding communities and participate in community meetings/events.
- Participate in department, program, and agency meetings and development opportunities as well as national NFCC initiatives for funding opportunities and agency promotion.
- Participate in the Peer Case Review quality assurance activities and agency Quality Improvement process.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, communication, sales or related field required.
- Must obtain certification as a Certified Consumer Credit Counselor through the National Foundation for Credit Counseling within 3 months of the date of hire.
- 1 to 2 years’ experience in the financial industry, preferred.
- Strong math and calculator skills required.
- Strong problem-solving and creative thinking skills.
- Ability to guide, motivate and sustain clients.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong “customer service” orientation.
- Ability to work independently within a satellite office setting.
- Ability to present to groups and contribute to outreach/media activities when applicable.
- Read, write and communicate via email/internet and telephone.
- Commitment to work collaboratively with all staff, volunteers, program participants and other supporters.
To apply, please submit a copy of your resume to Shelby Auer at email@example.com.