Better is Possible.
Director of Development and Communications
(Full-Time, 40 hrs./ Week)
The FamilyMeans Development and Communications department is currently seeking a Director of Development and Communications. This role is full-time, working 40 hours per week. The position is salaried, exempt and the primary location for this role is the Stillwater, MN main office. The purpose of this position is to plan and implement strategies for fund development and to interpret and promote the agency mission, purpose, programs, and services to its various audiences. FamilyMeans offers a variety of programs, all of which receive funding in different ways. It is the responsibility of the Director of Development and Communications to gauge environmental and economic fluctuations to ensure sustainability for all programs and services.
This position is also required to develop creative ways to communicate with the public to acquire new donors, promote events, and build new and sustain existing relationships. In addition, the Director of Development and Communications will also serve as a member of the Senior Management Team, plan and facilitate all fund development activities for the agency, prioritize major gift fundraising, steward, cultivate and recruit Legacy Circle Members, coordinate all marketing, public relations, and communications for the agency, and oversee the online giving/donor database platform.
Essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to:
· Ensure sustainability of funding for programs and monitor all external, environmental and economic changes and fluctuations.
· Develop effective and creative ways to deliver the agency’s key messages to its various constituencies.
· Monitor community reaction to what is heard and experienced about the agency.
· Serve as a member of the Senior Management Team; participate in strategic planning, represent department interests in planning and governance matters.
· Support strategic initiatives of other agency programs and services.
· With the President and Board Committee, plan and facilitate all development activities for the agency.
· Plan, coordinate and conduct major and planned giving work for FamilyMeans.
· Coordinate the communication, marketing, and public relation activities for the agency.
· Supervise Development and Communications department supervisees.
· Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Qualification Requirements:
A Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Public Relations, or related field is required. A new incumbent in this position will possess previous experience in private nonprofit fund development.
To apply, please submit a copy of your resume to Shelby Auer at email@example.com.