Better is Possible.
Clinical Operations Supervisor
FamilyMeans’ mission is to strengthen communities by helping individuals and families through challenges in all life stages. FamilyMeans envisions vibrant and resilient communities where everyone lives to their fullest potential. Our work is life’s challenges. A career with FamilyMeans provides an opportunity to enrich your professional life while working alongside colleagues who share a vision of making changes in people’s lives through high quality services. We strive to provide the highest quality of care for our clients as well as work-life experience for our employees.
The Clinical Operations Supervisor opportunity is an exempt position that will work 40 hours per week. This position is also eligible for all organization-sponsored benefits. Our business hours are currently 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., so we would expect that the incumbent is available to work during these hours Monday through Friday.
The purpose ofthis position is to support the Counseling & Therapy Department operations by supervising intake support staff; planning, organizing, and implementing intake systems; providing and managing intake support for agency programs; maximizing programs’ use of existing electronic health record system. This position oversees the credentialing process for all clinical staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1.Lead intake support staff (clinic and school-based) to ensure a positive experience for all callers and guests and facilitate smooth office operations
- Maintain administrative staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees
- Maintain a safe and secure work environment; develop personal growth opportunities
- Arrange and manage schedules to ensure adequate intake and phone coverage during business hours
- Accomplish staff results by communicating job expectations; plan, monitor, and appraise job results; coach, counsel, and discipline employees; initiate, coordinate, and enforce systems, policies, and procedures
- Conduct and participate in monthly support staff meetings and use other methods to ensure clear communication, maintain positive staff interaction, and continuously develop team strength
- Conduct monthly 1:1 supervision sessions with individual staff members
- Coordinate various trainings for department
- Assist and cover in both intake positions as needed on regular basis
2. Ensure compliance of administrative documentation with:
- State Statues
- Licensing boards
- Insurance panels
- Send out annual Fraud, Waste and Abuse training to all staff that are required to complete
3. Responsible as the internal resource for Procentive data needs and system-level questions
- Develop and maintain understanding of overall Procentive capabilities as they relate to agency use and changing needs
- Assist with pulling and reporting statistical reports as needed for program planning, grant writing, reporting, service metrics, etc
- Coordinate ticketing process to streamline interface with Procentive help desk
- Collaborate with billing, intake, and program staff to identify opportunities to further maximize use of Procentive; investigate feasibility and implement as indicated
- Maintain users in Procentive, along with their appropriate locations and availability
- Train administrative and clinical staff (current and new) on Procentive software.
- Develop agency specific reports within Procentive
4. Create and maintain all credentialing for mental health clinical staff
- Monitor credentialing email and mail for incoming requests
- Create credentialing folders, on each clinician
- Credential each clinician with all insurances FM utilizes
- Maintain credentials for all clinicians
- Manage MCC & CAQH sites
- Maintain insurance grid for quick access to all credentialing info
- Provide support to clinical staff completing paperwork, MCC, CAQH questions
- Communicate a clinician departure to any insurance companies they were paneled with
Administrative Support (15%)
- Provide administrative support for Counseling and Therapy department Receive administrative support requests from program staff; fulfill requests or delegate and monitor completion of tasks. Tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Prepare and gather materials for program activities
- Computer data entry
- Prepare and send out annual consent documentation as needed for C&T clients
- Create forms, flyers, surveys, and newsletters
- Coordinate timely and accurate mailings
- Maintain agency email firstname.lastname@example.org[ER1]
- Copy work for department
- Maintain statistical records
- C&T monthly stats – both for overall month and for individual clinicians
- Peer Review prep, administration, and data entry for C&T dept.
- Telephone clients with changes or concerns
- Complete special projects as assigned by Clinical Director
- Maintain sliding fee updates per federal guidelines as needed
- Create Good Faith Estimates for all current and new intakes who are Private Pay or Sliding Fee. Update as changes occur[ER2]
- Monitor FastTracker website monthly
- Monitor and update therapy list serv websites every 2-3 months (Psychology Today, Theratribe, Therapy Den)
- Review and close out all discharges/transfer summaries
- Prepare and send out C&T client satisfaction surveys 2x/year (spring/fall) and help with data entry as needed
- Keep filing room with credentialing information organized and clean
- Serve on agency committees or task forces as needed.
- Develop and maintain a diverse work force. Manage in ways that maximize the potential of all workers by assuring sensitive and respectful treatment by and toward all employees. Ensure that services are delivered with cultural sensitivity and competence. Promote the development of cultural competence in all employees. Create and maintain a work climate that is inclusive and free of bias.
- As with all FamilyMeans staff positions, this position is responsible for helping ensure volunteers and interns have an exemplary experience during all interactions with FamilyMeans, and is expected to consistently maintain a high level of customer service to all guests, clients, and fellow team members.
- Participate and contribute in the agency’s Performance Quality Improvement process.
- Other duties as assigned
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position
Description of other duties that may be assigned, but are not limited to: Perform general office duties such as answering the telephone, filing, copying, sorting/opening incoming mail, and preparing items for mailing.
- High school diploma is required.
- 2+ years’ of experience in a management position, with the experience ideally obtained in a human service or health care setting.
- Working knowledge of Procentive or other medical software
- Experience with credentialing providers with insurance companies
- Knowledge of client intake process for new referrals
- Knowledge of basic billing functions (billing claims, corrections, ERA’s, balances etc).
- Requires excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills to effectively communicate with clients, employees, interns, volunteers, program participants and other supporters.
- Requires knowledge of and the ability to use a variety of standard office equipment such as a computer, printer, fax machine, copy machine, telephone system and 10-key.
- Ability to type proficiently
- Knowledge of and experiencing with using all Microsoft programs (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of client information and security of case records.
- Ability to work independently, exercise good judgement and manage multiple priorities to ensure work is completed in a timely and productive manner.
- Ability to develop and maintain sensitivity to employee and client diversity in the workplace, and demonstrate the respectful treatment of others.
- Willingness to develop cultural competence related to the services provided by the agency.
- It is desirable for the incumbent to have attained additional Management related education, such as an Associate’s Degree in Management or other related field.
- Previous experience working in a human service or healthcare setting.
- Previous accounts payable and accounts receivable experience preferred.
Physical and Mental Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and/or hear, and/or use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand, and/or walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds while moving files or small packages. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. This position requires use of the computer, fax machine, copy machine and the telephone. The incumbent must be able to effectively and efficiently provide support services to staff and clients both in-person and by telephone on a regular, ongoing basis. The mental and physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
Protective Clothing Required: Not for general execution of this position, but on an as needed basis. Please reference the FamilyMeans’ published business continuity and preparedness plans to reference if the agency has a current requirement on required protective clothing and/or personal protective equipment (PPE).
Work is performed in an office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of this position.
FamilyMeans is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
FamilyMeans is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
To apply, please submit a copy of your resume to Erin Rowlson at: email@example.com